A well-known British actress is Emma D’Arcy. She is well known for her performances in movies and television shows. She gained notoriety for her role in the comedy-horror TV show Truth Seeker (2020). In the HBO fantasy miniseries House of the Dragon, which served as a precursor to Game of Thrones, she played Rhaenyra Targaryen in 2023.
|Real Name/Full Name
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:
|June 27, 1992
|30 years old as of 2023
|In Centimetres – 170cm
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 7″
|In Kilograms – 57Kg
In Pounds – 125lbs
|Father – Richard John D’Arcy
Mother – Sally Elizabeth Darcy
|Ruskin School of Art at Oxford University
|Thomas May Bailey
Beginnings of Emma D’Arcy
Her birthplace was London, England. Richard John D’Arcy is Emma D’Arcy’s father, and Sally Elizabeth Darcy is her mother. She had two older half-brothers who were the sixth and seventh Viscounts Hardinge; her father was the fifth Viscount Hardinge.
Age, height, weight, and body measurements of Emma D’Arcy
Her birthday is June 27, 1992. As of 2023, Emma D’Arcy will be 30 years old. She is 57kg in weight and 5′ 7″ tall. She has light to mid-brown hair and blue-green eyes. Emma D’Arcy is of British descent and bears the sign of Cancer.
Emma grew up in London where she was born. In terms of her academic background, she went to school in the same city. They studied at Oxford University’s Ruskin School of Art in England. They were also the Forward Arena Theatre Company’s Co-Artistic Directors.
Identifies as a female. They’re Not Binary, Right?
Yes. It is accurate to say that Emma D’Arcy is nonbinary and uses pronouns of either gender. Contrary to what some accounts indicate, the non-binary person has a sibling named Loe (born Chlo D’Arcy), who is also non-binary and prefers gender-neutral pronouns.
Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen is played by Emma D’Arcy in the movie House of the Dragon.
The prequel book to Game of Thrones, House of the Dragon follows the fortunes of House Targaryen and is set around 200 years before the original series. The princess of Emma, Rhaenyra Targaryen, fits into this story as the king’s firstborn child. She aspires to ride dragons and is of Valyrian heritage. Her life goals are necessarily limited, though, because she was not born a male.
After Milly Alcock portrays the little Rhaenyra, Emma takes over as the adult princess.
Rhaenys (Eve Best), his elder female cousin with a greater claim, loses out to Viserys (Paddy Considine), Rhaenyra’s father and the king.
Years later, however, when the monarch selects Rhaenyra, his teenage daughter, as his heir, turmoil develops.
Soon later, the future queen also learns that her once-closest allies have now turned into her fiercest enemies. Thus, a brand-new, exciting chapter in the history of the House of the Dragon begins.
Emma D’Arcy’s Personal Life
- Emma D’Arcy had a partner in 2023 and chose to identify them publicly. However, they did admit to having a companion.
- When speaking to Entertainment Weekly about creating a “very quick audition tape” for Princess Rhaenyra using an iPhone during the lockdown, they mentioned their “partner” who had to help them build a makeshift wig to cover their typical buzz cut.
- They described how they spent 24 hours attempting to achieve the desired hairstyle for Emma’s audition. Emma revealed that their boyfriend would spend an hour and a half doing their hair extensions every time they recorded.
- Other than that, Emma has kept their personal experiences mostly quiet. However, as of 2023, it appeared like this collaborator they were discussing could be the stage and film director Thomas May Bailey.
- Because the majority of Emma’s recent posts were not only shared with him but also taken by him. Additionally, they were witnessed spending time with their family.
- If this is accurate and Emma and Thomas are in a relationship, they have been together since at least 2013. Emma’s mother was observed praising Emma and Thomas for their outstanding performance in a play during this period. So, you know that it was Emma’s first play and that they co-directed and acted in it.
- Thomas recently posted on Instagram (@tmayb) that he served as an assistant director on the film adaptation of the Jane Austen novel Persuasion.
- Before that, he completed the New York Times Brian Forbes directing program and the National Theatre Studio Directors’ Course. He was a Resident Assistant Director at the Donmar Warehouse in 2019 and 2020.
Professional Experience of Emma D’Arcy
Romeo and Juliet, The Games We Played, The Crucible at The Yard Theatre, and Against at the Almeida Theatre are just a few of the plays in which D’Arcy has appeared.
She has also appeared in a number of television shows, such as Truth Seekers, an upcoming comedy-horror series on Amazon Prime Video starring Nick Frost.
D’Arcy also makes an appearance in “Hanna,” a second-season Amazon Prime Video series, and “Wanderlust,” a 2018 thriller by Nick Payne that was co-produced by BBC One and Netflix.
She played a lead role in Philippa Lowthorpe’s “Misbehavior,” which will be released in 2020.
Rhaenyra Targaryen, King Viserys’s firstborn child, is portrayed by D’Arcy. a pure-blooded Valyrian dragon rider) in the HBO Game of Thrones spinoff “House of the Dragon”
The first episode of the TV show premiered on August 21, 2023, with work on it starting in April 2021. Ten episodes make up the first season, according to reports.
Earnings, Salary, and Net Worth of Emma D’Arcy in 2023
Emma has a distinguished history as a stage performer. The teenage actress has won the audience over despite only recently making her broadcast debut. Her current net worth is $500,000, but after the publication of House of the Dragons, it will definitely rise.